Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hwaseong Fortress

               Hwaseong Fortress

What a great last min. trip. I planned it in about 10 min. We were getting ready to go on another one but I got the days wrong ooops. We are going on that trip the 25th of June. Anyway thanks to the Humphreys Happenings book I found a nice day trip. I so did not want to disappoint the kiddos that I woke up early.  So we headed to Suwon. Adventures await so  we got the bus to the AK Plaza then the train and yaaa I didn't get lost.
 I thought I would know were to go next nope I was lost on that but as I looked around there was a tourist office so we marched our butts right in the Lady spoke great English. She gave us a map and a paper that told us what bus to get on. What a big help I'm so glad it was there.
After all the great info away we went so easy to find. We found the the starting point the wall is built in the city so it is surrounded by building and houses it is a monument built hundred of years ago and the city just went up around it. We climbed about a Half mile of stairs but a little whining and we made it.  At the Top the kids got to ring the bell that started a reaction through the city in the old days there where 2 bells we seen one on the top of the mountain that they got to ring and the one at the bottom. We also went to the village also in the middle of the city at the bottom we walked down more stairs halfway the kids were ready for lunch so we stopped. After seeing the village that was amazing we went to the market way better then ours and Dakota was ready to go so back on the bus. We had a great day it was hot and we were tired but all had a great time!





No comments:

Post a Comment